Are you between the ages of 18 and 35? Are you a young change maker? If so, this is to inform you that YOUTH LEAD wants you to Apply Now for the 2021 Digital Storytelling Contest.
Young changemakers around the world are making lasting impacts in their communities, yet their efforts are too often underestimated. We want to change that. USAID’s Global Leadership and Education Advancing Development (Global LEAD) Initiative, YouthPower2: Learning and Evaluation (YP2LE), and Generation Unlimited (Gen U), along with other global partners have joined forces for this digital storytelling contest to show how youth are using the power of change to make the world a better place.
The Contest calls for applicants to submit an original, three-minute video or slideshow in Arabic, English, French, or Spanish that tells the story of your youth-led actions to advance local, national, or global development and meets the contest requirements. The story you tell can be personal, that of a group of young change makers, or that of a youth-led organization.
While any type of development activity would be acceptable, special attention will be given to those stories that link their work to advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and/or the following key issues:
- COVID-19/Pandemic Response
- Education/Skills Development
- Youth Employment/Entrepreneurship
- Climate Action
- Food Security/Resilience
- Digital Literacy/Security/Action
- Civic Engagement, and
- Wellness/Violence Reduction
2021 Global LEAD Digital Storytelling Contest Prizes
The five selected winners will be announced on August 2 on YouthLead.org and across all campaign partners’ social media channels. In addition, contest winners will:
- Take part in the USAID Global LEAD #WatchOurImpact Dialogue with other VIPs on August 12.
- Be featured on GenU’s website.
- Have the opportunity to meet with a senior member of the GenU global leadership council or board.
- Lead a “social media takeover” of GenU accounts.
- Become part of GenU’s pool of moderators.
- Be connected with GenU country offices.
Who Is Eligible?
The contest is open to all members of the public who are:
- Citizens of low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) as listed here,
- Aged 18-35, and
- Members of YouthLead with a member profile that is at least 80 percent complete.
Here’s How to Apply
Entering is easy.
- Create a three-minute video or slideshow that meets the contest requirements.
- Upload your video or slideshow to YouTube.
- Fill out the submission form. You must be a member of YouthLead.org to submit, but registration is free.
- Encourage your friends and network to vote for your submission on social media by sharing the link once it’s posted on the #WatchOurImpact Contest Video Gallery page and by using #WatchOurImpact.
- Entries that do not meet the submission criteria for the contest will be excluded.
- Decisions of the Judging Panel are final and are not subject to appeal.
- This contest is skills-based and chance plays no part in the determination of the winners.
For more information, visit YouthLead
You are also advised to subscribe to this webpage for more information on the contest and many others in future.