Are you a digital skill expert? Are you innovative? Are you willing to push the boundaries of digital inclusion and transformation in Africa? Then this is for you!
We wish to inform you that the Coalition for Digital Equality (CODE) Digital Equality Awards aim to recognize the achievements of individuals in Ghana and Uganda who are working to push the boundaries of digital inclusion and transformation in Africa.
The awards look to acknowledge individuals who are enabling digital skills, innovation and knowledge to improve the lives of African women, youth, marginalised groups and communities.
Digital Equality Awards in Africa 2021 Categories
Digital Skills Champion: The Digital Skills Champion category recognises individuals who are building the human capital and talent pool needed to drive digital transformation and innovation in Africa. The award seeks to acknowledge individuals who are creating impactful opportunities and spaces for women, youth and marginalised groups to enhance their digital skills through training, workshops, e-learning and STEM education programs in Ghana or Uganda.
- Digital Inclusion Innovator: The Digital Inclusion Innovator category recognises individuals who are using digital innovation, technologies and entrepreneurship to build a more inclusive society. This award looks to acknowledge innovators in Uganda or Ghana whose solutions are solving pressing social challenges and helping to bridge the digital divide for women, youth and marginalised groups.
- Women’s Entrepreneurship & Investment Champion: The Women’s entrepreneurship and Investment champion category recognises individuals who are working to enable women entrepreneurs in Uganda or Ghana to access the support and investment they need to build thriving businesses, particularly within the digital sector.
- Research and Knowledge Builder: The Research and Knowledge builder award category recognises individuals who have championed knowledge building and research that helps to drive digital inclusion as well as enhance digital skills and opportunities for women, youth and marginalised groups in Ghana or Uganda.
Open to individuals in Ghana and Uganda;
Applicants must be working to push the boundaries of digital inclusion and transformation in Africa.
- Leadership: Demonstrable experience leading and creating impact within and outside their organisation, a thought leader and role model who is paving the way for others to create change.
- Achievement: Contribution towards the inclusion of women within the digital economy in their community. Demonstrated for example through projects initiated and implemented, number of people impacted, scale or reach of their programs/solutions/findings as well as any significant milestones achieved.
- Innovation: Demonstrated experience in delivering work in innovative ways and employing unique or new approaches to solving a problem..
- Social Impact: Demonstrable positive impact on the lives of women, young people and marginalised groups and the community as a whole.
Note that nominations must be completed online in English and submitted before June 27, 2021. The judges will review and assess the nominations in accordance with the set criteria and select the winners for each category in both countries.
For more information, visit Coalition for Digital Equality (CODE) Awards
You are advised to subscribe to this webpage for more information on the above and many others in future.